Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Titulares breves de un día en Madrid

--I stopped for the first time in the famous Chocolatería San Gines today and had churros and chocolate. Heaven. I drank all the chocolate afterward.

--I'm finally figuring out the Cercanias system and will be traveling to Segovia either tomorrow or the day after (I love Segovia!).

--My friend was ripped off (or engañado if you prefer) at a restaurant in the Plaza Mayor today and I thus had my first "argument" in Spanish. It remained civil, but I was proud at how fluently and easily my words came to me.

--I am past the lull that often occurs in long trips (you do "sightseeing" type things at first, then you get tired of them and just do what you have to, now I'm back in the mood to see new things and do new things).

--I really want to snowboard at Madrid Xanadú.

--I don't like rain.

--I will never talk like a taxista . I promise to forever speak fluently and quickly, but with impeccable intonation, articulation, and accentuation.

--I want to be completely fluent. NOW.

--I soon will be riding the cable car from the Palacio Real.

--A scheduled visit to the Palacio Real was cancelled because of the King's presence at an official visit...I wasn't invited.

--I have to see Estopa in concert before I return!

--This weekend...Santander!

--Next weekend...Paris!

1 comment:

elburi said...

Hi there
I love how you tell you experiences in Madrid, it is very amused, It is very interesting how people give their all in terms of language skills when arguin with someone.