Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Doldrums

By Jordan Nelson
THE PHOTO ALBUM FOR THIS POST IS HERE.
Well, classes are still in full swing but they'll be over in a week! And I go home in 2! Too bad, so sad. I wish I could just find a briefcase full of money. If I did, I would go home, spend a week seeing my family etc. and then come right back and stay. And since money wouldn't be an issue anymore, I'd just send my family plane tickets to come see me in Spain. I would live in Santo Domingo de Silos.

But, unfortunately, I have yet to find said briefcase of money. As such, I am faced with the reality of this trip ending [somewhat] soon, and thus I need to make the most of the time I have left.

Today was the last day of a week long "conferencia" about the political transition of Spain from dictatorship to democracy. It has been my favorite class so far. I have to write an essay tonight about what the keys of the transition were to hand in tomorrow as my final test.

Other than that, my classes go on as before. Grammar is still my favorite, followed closely by "Prácticas," then by written expression/comprehension, and finally I have my conversation class which I still hate, I mean, dislike. The professor still talks like a cab driver and I have yet to pick up more on her accent. I am seriously considering secretly recording her voice with my video camera through my backpack so you can hear what I'm talking about!

Since last post I have visited Santander, which was excellent. I spent the weekend hanging out on the beaches, and left just in time since it started raining as I left. One day earlier this week (Monday I think) I went to Arganda del Rey, a small suburb of Madrid. Another one of the pick-up-and-go spur of the moment type things. I didn't spend much time there, though.

I'm writing this at 3:49pm, and I am going to the Reina Sofia museum at 4:30, so I should go catch the metro now. I'll be sure to be back soon to update!

P.S. I leave for Paris TOMORROW EVENING! I am coming back to Madrid Monday night.

No comments: