Sunday, May 18, 2008

It's finalized!

By Jordan Nelson
It's all finalized! I have just booked my flight using expedia.com, and I am flying to Madrid on the 27th of June! I will arrive the 28th at a bright and sunny 7:10am local time at Madrid Barajas airport, and will have the morning to kill before arrangements with the folks at ISA. I have also arranged to leave Monday, August 4th instead of Friday the 1st, giving me a couple of extra days in Madrid on my own to waste away as I please! The final ticket price for my round-trip flight? $1530.80 . Unfortunately I missed out on some cheap airfare a couple of days ago...$1388 and $1479, but $1530 is still pretty good considering I'm going during peak tourist season.

An interesting note regarding ticket prices is how impressed I am with Expedia. I've used them on a couple of trips before and am very satisfied with their fares. For example, all of the 3 ticket providers recommended to me through ISA offered 1700 and 1800 dollar tickets as their base starting prices. WOW! I got $300 cheaper airfare simply through a few clicks at Expedia. I know I sound like an infomercial, but I assure you I am getting no compensation for this endorsement...Expedia simply kills them all when it comes to ticket prices.

I also took the time to sign up for American Airlines reward program to take advantage of the major miles I'm racking up on this little gig, and have also arranged for my Iberia flights to contribute to them. It's free, so I really have no idea why anyone would not do so; I just wish my Hawaii miles from Continental could contribute to one grand total instead of being split between two companies :-/ Oh well.
Madrid, here I come!

No comments: